Wednesday 13 April 2011

Help, I have too much stuff!!

We are moving!!

Ok so not right now, but still.
Moving brings a few organisational problems, packing, getting "friends" to help, hiring a van to move stuff, organising food for helpers, moving utilities etc etc.

Packing and repacking

The biggest problem for me is the packing, or rather SORTING!

Yes I have LOADS of stuff, I tend to only realise how much there is when I actually have to pack it for moving.  Usually "stored" items (in garage or basement) just gets shifted along, not unpacked and sorted, it has been sorted before being packed in the first place!!

The second sorting!

This time however we are not only being stricter about what to keep, there have also been mice in the garage (goodbye childhood soft toys)  and damp in the basement (hello mildew!)

Discarded after second sorting!

So as a result I have to really go through EVERYTHING, and sort and clean and pack, and then sort again and pack again when I ask myself "Do I really NEED 10 square tablecloths??"  (I have a round table)


An unused tablecloth, colours are brighter irl!!


What I am trying to live by are these words
Love it or leave it
and
Use it or loose it!!


Fabrics bought in Bradford, embroidered and gorgeous

But there are soooo many things I love, oh well, have to keep sorting.  Have filled about 7 bags to give away, so some progress is being made.  Wish me luck!!


Blue christmas curtains (Hubby hates them!)

Croched lovely flowery doilies (LOVE them)

  
Embroidered wall hangings,
especially love the ones with sayings about coffee and baking



Have not even started thinking about the kids rooms yet!!



Only about 150 000 items to go!!
 

Natti natt!!

No comments:

Post a Comment